January 31, 2018

the gift of purr

RIP Wilde Girl
Only one cat in my life now. 
 She is Wooly Bear.  
Wooley is a tough broad and was Half of the team of Wilde and Wooly. 
She goes after vets and Danes.  
I do not mess with her.
Wooley walking with us in the bog. Isn't she tough looking?
Wilde and Wooly came together from Harvest Hills Shelter at the ripe age of 8 weeks.  There were not siblings, but two kittens I picked without looking or contemplating.  One Wooley was long haired while Wilde was a short haired tiger.  
They seemed to get along all right, but they did have some short battles with hisses and claws.  I always felt Wooly was top cat, but since losing Wilde to a coyote this summer I am rethinking this.  Wooly now is a lap cat, a bed cat, my cat.  She never was before and gave Wilde in bed or on a chair a wide berth. I feel like for the past 10-11 years Wooly has been short changed.  At any rate I am glad to have her as my cat. She purrs, she plays, she sleeps like a rock although she is one of those cats with one eye and ear always working.
She has fought with wild critters and cats and seems to realize that there are dangers out there.  That was Wilde's downfall.  She was sweet and clueless about the dangers lurking in the yard.