January 13, 2013

Les chats

Cats are easy overall.  
You don't have to walk them.  They are incredibly independent.  
They are there for you.  
You don't notice the moment a cat is in your lap or on your feet at night, 
but there they are.  
don't bother to say come here and sit, for that does not work.  
Cats do cat period.  You can try to change them.  
they don't buy into this at all period.
Cats have function.  Hunting one of their primary roles in life 
even though they may not not need to hunt.  
Nocturnal play, wandering.  Wild is so much a part of the basic cat.
Whereby dogs seem to have lost all the primitive behavior cats have not.  
They have wild built in and it does not go away in civilization.  
I can let Wooley out and with in moments she will have 
a squirrel, bird, chipmunk.  Food, no.  
She left home well fed.  It is inbreed and part of her nature. 
I have seen my girls in the top of trees and across fields, 
but they are always looking over their shoulder.  
They know that they are a part of the food chain.  
They know that a hawk or a fox is up chain from them and they are tuned in.  

I was told and I can't remember the when that cats will take on any negativity 
if you ask.  
I use them all time for this.  I am pissed at the world, or someone or feeling negative, 
I ask them to take it on.  
Cats can do this because they don't care.  Poof gone.  
If you asked a dog he would suffer it for they take everything to heart. 
CATS DON'T.  It is wonderful.  
You want to let go of something just hand it off to a cat.  
You could write it down and burn it 
so much simpler to rid yourself of it 
by sharing with the cat.

You can leave home and leave a cat for a time.  With a dog this is so not possible.  

My mother did not like cats and cats did not become a part of my life until I left home.  Many many many good felines have been my friends 
(if one can say that).  They accepted me.  I feel that an honor.
Some have walked with me and many have sat with me.  
Best part of cat is the purr.  No hiding it. It is the essense of cat.
 You want to know if your cat is content, you will know then the purr sets in.  

 It is the ultimate in contentment. 
Hunting.
Hunting