January 25, 2013

365 and now








last year I found a website where you put up a photo a day.  
365 pictures.
  It made me take my camera out every day and shoot and shoot. 
 Some were worthwhile, many not, but it made me focus.  
Focus on the extraordinary but more on the ordinary.  
My world view is limited 80 acres overall, mostly the house, the fields, 
the vistas, the weather, the animals, us.  
It is a  small choice for my lens - thus a challenge to find a daily shot.  
I was  rather faithful to this for a spell, then lost it.  

In going back and reviewing I took some of my best pictures in this time.  
It made me work, be aware, feel, see and see beyond
~  
Light~ reflections~ color~ shadows~ patterns~ seasons~ movement~ closeups
Award winning?  no.  
Definitely pictures that please my eye, my heart, my soul,
 and really that is what this is about.  

Thus I am back in the saddle again, 
looking forward to carrying camera on walks, 
in the house,  focusing again on what is around me, day in, day out.  
slowing down and Seeing.

Some things I can capture.  
others like the wind are more difficult, but it is the challenge, isn't it?
Instead of posting on 365 
here is where I shall showcase my daily offerings.

Like all I do, what others think of me~ my work is not important.  
I am the artist.  
I am the critic 
and I am my own best audience.