March 22, 2014

what if ~


Suppose this year we have snows until the end of April? 

 We have had snows  that late before, but we started 
with less snow or bare ground.  
It would take a long time to go off.  
So many are mooing about wanting Spring but. 
 It is March and it is Maine.

It seems a long winter, but other than the nuisances of the ice, 
it hasn't been incredibly bad.

Nature works at her own pace. 
Me getting upset 
because it doesn't work the way I want is foolish.  
If I am unhappy with Maine and its weather 
I probably should consider somewhere else.  
Winter is part and parcel of Maine.
Can I with grace accept that or not?
Being tired of or hating this weather is not going to change it.  

More than likely more snows are on the way.
My choices are ~
I can fight them or I can enjoy them.

 The Serenity Prayer comes to mind....
God, give me grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed,




Courage to change the things which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.
Will I relish spring when it comes? 
you bet. 

In the meantime 
I shall accept with grace and with serenity and extreme gratitude

what the good lord gives me.