January 25, 2014

what might have happened if ~

We all make decisions, day in and day out.
 I have made decisions, choices about my life, schools, jobs,
dating, marriage, money, children, where to live, what book to read, 
should I say something, should I remain quiet
and on and on.  
Some of these I spent a great deal of time pondering complete with what ifs
Perhaps too much time contemplating, literally thinking it to death.
Others more or less fell into place. 
Were these the wiser choices?




 It is like coming to a crossroad and deciding right or left. 
 There is no "wrong" decision.
In the mornings I follow the dogs letting them chose right or left.
They pretty well just go with the flow taking me along.

Some of my choices, decisions have made my life more challenging ouchy.
 In hindsight I realize that I might have made better decisions,  but Ah that is hindsight
and looking back is very different. 
   
~
 I am thankful for those tough calls as they helped me learn, grow 
and without them 
I would not be here now and the me I am.  
Each wise thing, each dumb thing, each big and small choice 
I have made was a step towards where I am now. The winding path of life.....
~
Right now I am observing some others
  dealing with decisions they have made...life changing choices.
Are they content with the road they have chosen ?
 in hindsight would they choose another way ?


Robert Frost (1874–1963).  Mountain Interval.  1920.
 The Road Not Taken


TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;        
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,        
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.        
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.