March 5, 2012


from Katherine Muth in Maryland
"I Rise"

I rise, as the morning of my day has also done.
Light seeps through the window shade, no sun,
that I have seen as of yet,
but the coming of rose before it, in anticipation.

Song of Spring's beginning came forth days ago,
early is it not?    But then, Mother Nature has been rather mysterious lately
in her weather pattern.   What have we done to Her.

I rise to a crisp, cool morning.
Birds greet the day, trees budding in a wake
that should not be as of yet.
What is to become of the months of Spring we knew from yesterday.
The calender will have to change its celebration dates.

And we will either have to move faster, to keep up with what we've created
or start re-creating our future in hopes that it is still there.

I rise, as the morning of my day has also done....WHEW!!