June 5, 2012

are we expecting miracles?



 Whispers

The woman whispered, "God, speak to me"
and a meadowlark sang.
But, she did not hear.

So the woman said, "God, speak to me"
and the thunder rolled across the sky.
But, she did not listen.

The woman looked around and asked,
"God let me see you."
A star shined brightly.
But she did not see.

And, the woman shouted,
"God show me a miracle."
And, a life was born.
But, she did not notice.

So, the woman cried out in despair,
"Touch me God, please let me know you are here."
 Whereupon, God reached down and touched the woman.
But, she brushed the butterfly away ..................
and she walked on.

this is a reminder that God and miracles are always around us
 in the little and simple things that we take for granted ... 
even in our electronic age . 

 So one more:

The woman whispered,
" Oh lord, I need your help!"
And an e-mail arrived 
with good news and encouragement.
 she deleted it 

Maybe we all need to remember to  pay attention to the small and unexpected  
and not miss out on a blessing
because it isn't packaged the way that we expect.