February 11, 2021

friends

 When we lived in Maryland we seemed to have friends and we certainly had lots of family.  Our friends were assorted and some stopped by, but mostly it was dinners with another couple.  Here in Maine making friends has not happened.  For whatever reason over the years I decided I needed friends and have made a few, but and there is a but.... these friends are few and far between and mostly not my age and often don't share much in common.   I have always felt more comfortable with my animals than friend.  They don't judge, my expectations  




When I list those things that please me, people are not up on my list.  Walking, nature, animals, photography yes .... getting together with friends.... not so much.

I am a misfit in much of life.  So be it.  Way late to change my stripes.  Bottom line is I must only answer to me and if something does not feel good, why would I do it. If I disappeared from this world very few would notice. 

Deep sigh.